Thursday, June 7, 2012

Walk Along Riverdale Trail

Things have been a bit crazy with our peeps trying to keep us from running, jumping, and romping.  Mom keeps saying "hog tie" but I don't know what that means.  Anyway, this morning we went on a walk cuz our peeps thought it might tire us out.  Right off the bat, I found this big stick.  I was trying to figure out how I was going to drag it back to the truck.


Me and Stanley are practicing being a poser like our friend Bert.  We have a lot to learn as he has the technique down pat.  But we thought this was a good start.  Mom thinks this photo actually makes us look like we're related.

I was having a good time walking.  Mom said I am really making improvement on not tugging on my leash.


 Sometimes I just have to stop a minute and rest.


 Stanley is trying to figure out how to get this stick in his mouth.  I think he will find a way because he has a really big mouth (compared to mine).


 I thought it would be a good view up here and I was right.  I can see for miles!


 I like this photo because I think it makes me look tall, don't you think?


 OK, back on the trail.  Mom said she could not believe how much dog poop there was along the side of the trail.  It is very disappointing that so many dog owners are irresponsible.


 I didn't get any dog poop in my mouth when I sniffed, did I?


 OK, still heading down the trail . . . 


 What is that under that big stick?


Ah, the beautiful river.  But we can't get wet for 2 weeks.  Maybe we'll get a count down calendar for our kennels.


 Wow, that was a long walk.  Good thing our peeps have water for us or we'd be really dragging our tongues!


When we got home mom thought maybe my incision was bothering me.  But really, this walk was much more gentle than the playing Stanley and I sneak in when no one is watching.  Don't worry mom, we're fine.



Murphy

9 comments:

GOOSE said...

Hey let me know if you need help with that stick, I'll be right over and we'll get it in to your truck. Glad to see that the peeps got you out and about.
Blessings,
Goose

Sherri said...

Glad you got to burn some energy off, that is the worst part of the whole snipping thing not being allowed to jump around. I hope your two weeks go by fast.

Sankissjuice said...

Murphy, you are a fast learner. Your pose looks so good. No sign of an amateur model at all ;)

I will be checking on you and Stanley from now on. Keep the cuteness coming!!!! We can't get enough.

Stewey said...

Looks like you both got to burn some energy off on a nice walk!!
Stewey

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

What a FUN walkie you had...

NO.. I didn't see ANY signs of Poop in your mouth. WHEW.

Scooter said...

What a great walk that you two had, Fun!!

wags
Jazzi

Keith Andrea said...

.,hey look it was a great day for you guys...
I bet you had lot of fun..

Dog Fence

Bassetmomma said...

Sounds like you guys enjoyed a fun walk!

Unknown said...

Goose loves big sticks! Yous should go for walk with him - he could teach yous how to carry those big sticks and your posing is almost as good as Bert's!
kisses
Nellie