Thursday, August 23, 2012

Raccoon Tail & Snake Butt

You can't believe what happened to me and Stanley today.  We're very embarrassed about the whole thing.  This afternoon mom and dad took us to the spa.  Now we don't mind the spa.  I know I'm not supposed to like smelling pretty but if I told the truth, and I always do try to tell the truth, (except for saying I was hang gliding last week), I like looking handsome.  I think I am quite handsome and mom says I am, so I know it's true.  Stanley is handsome too and always likes to primp in the mirror, so we're on the same page with this.  We just can't help it, we're handsome Doods.

Anyway, one of the benefits of going to the spa is that I get trimmed and it shows off my fit physique and long legs.  I work really hard to look fit.  I eat a healthy diet and get lots of exercise.  When my hairs get long sometimes I even look chubby, but the truth is I am not chubby at all.  So I was looking forward to showing off my body and was even thinking of asking mom for a muscle shirt.  But that was before the disaster.

So we got dropped off, bathed, and then it happened . . . the spa lady cut off my tail!!!!!  Well, not actually my tail, but all the hair on my tail!  All the fringe that has been growing so nicely . . . the very fringe that my mom croons over, GONE!  Yes, gone, gone, gone!!!!  And she didn't even apologize!  Nope, she finished me off and then grabbed Stanley. Then, she did the same thing to Stanley!!  Both of us had our tails cut off!! This is a nightmare!  

Although all the fringe is gone, the spa lady left more hair on Stanley's tail than mine.  Dad says he looks like he has a raccoon's tail.  But me . . .  it looks like there's a snake stuck to my butt!  So now we are trying to figure out how we're going to get by while waiting for it all to grow back.  We had a meeting and decided the best thing was to try and blend in.    

So I'll just stay on the couch.

And Stanley will stay on the kitchen floor.

We only hope that our tails will grow back quickly and this never happens again!


Raccoon Tail & Snake Butt

16 comments:

Finn said...

Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear! I think you blend in pretty well, but to be honest, you guys are still handsome!

Anonymous said...

Tail fur or not your still two DOODS!

Your Furends
Susie & Bites

Murray's Mouth said...

BOL...funny funny Doods!

GOOSE said...

Oh Doods! That is just not right. And no apology? Double not right. But Finn is right you are still handsome just is some sort of wild critter way.
Blessings,
Goose

A Day In The Life Of A Goose said...

Oh no...you poor boys! Hm, you could always try a comb-in hair piece, that might camouflage the do! ;-)

Millie and Walter said...

I'm sorry you had such a tragic day at the spa. Sometimes you just have to make sure the groomer knows what you don't want them to do as well as what you want. One time we had a groomer shave the belly of our German Shepherd and were horrified. She said she always did it as a routine, but if we didn't want it next time to just let her know. Needless to say no dog of our ever had their belly shaved again.

Don't worry boys, it will go out eventually.

Cindy

Two French Bulldogs said...

you guys look beautiful
Benny & Lily

Rubie and Poots (her Mum) said...

I hope your mom got a discount for your TRAUMA!

Tail Wuggles, Rubie xxx

Scooter said...

Oh I know what you mean. I once went to a groomer cuz mine was on vacay and the dumb lady cut me like a schnauzer and got my skirt and everything off!! Moms mouth just dropped open and believe me neither of us was laughing!! We never went there again and the skirt did eventually grow back.

wags
Jazzi

Bassetmomma said...

Oh my! You guys still look pretty darn cute. But don't worry since your both so healthy, the fur on your tails will grow back in no time!

Unknown said...

Sorry we laughed .... hair today gone tomorrow. You are still handsome dudes! Have a fabulous Friday.
Best wishes Molly

The Daily Pip said...

I've had some funny experiences at the spa myself. One time I came home and realized they missed one of my back paws. I was trimmed all over except my back right paw!

You guys still look great!

Your pal, Pip

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

OH NO.... not the terrible Tail FURS Stealing. What a Squirrel. I think you should go BACK and PEE on that NUT CASE. BUTT you do blend in well and IT WILL grow back.
Maybe you could get some Tail Extentiions.

NanaNor's said...

I just hate bad hair cuts and I'm so sorry for both of you. You are both so handsome but if I was to be honest, I think the lady did a really bad job. I hope your mom gave her a talking to. Thankfully, like Hunter, I think your hair will grow back quickly. Maybe your mom or dad have a sock they can lend you to wear-it would cover your tail pretty well.
This too shall pass.
Woofs, Noreen & Hunter

Lovable Lily said...

Our Grandpa Bob said to tell you "the only difference between a bad haircut and a good haircut is two weeks!" He's a smart man.....

Hugs,
Lily Belle & Muffin

Shawn said...

Oh My!!! Your furcuts turned into a scalping 'cept 'it's on you tails!! Tell that spa lady how 'portant you tails are for dusting and swooshing fings off tables!!
Iffin I was you, I'd be callin a pawtorney.. Maybe Fwank Azar. I hear he's good.

Your furiend,
Winston