Saturday, October 13, 2012

Fall Fest Fun!

Today was our church's annual Fall Fest!  It raises funds for the Veterans Retirement Home.  They use the money to help them have recreational opportunities.  It is important to remember our veterans so we were happy to pawticipate this year!
The first ones we see are Goose and his mom!  Goose was feeling well enough to sing!
Stanley was working the pumpkin sales for awhile.
Then I took over.  We share these types of duties.
Mom calls this our pretzel move.  I fit under Stanley (just barely).
Our friend Belle registered for the race.
I worked the registration table.
Stanley worked registration too. 
The honor guard waits to begin ceremony before the race.
Our pal Stitch waits for the race.
Lots of dogs came to race.
The honor guard began the ceremony and at the end did a 21 gun salute to start the race!

Our friend Chris always gives us lots of pets!

My friend Russ cannot believe how adorable I am.
The veterans home.

We did the timing for the race so we were just waiting for the walkers and runners to come.  We were afraid it might rain.

We live in a pretty place, this is the view from our church.

Hey - here comes Belle, the first walker to come in - YAY!!

Our buddy Stitch was running for the finish line!
Stitch was wearing a cool Halloween sweater!
Lots of people came to help raise money.  There was a chili cook-off too. 
Our friend Dottie.
Our friend Buddy with his very cool Halloween sweater! 
Hey!  Goose made some chili!  I gotta try that!
We sure had a fun day and helped raise money for a great cause!


Murphy

22 comments:

GOOSE said...

Was that FUN or what?!!! And you two where such BIG helpers. There were so many dogs there I could not believe it. And we raised tons of green paper for those wonderful veterans. I am glad you two were there to help make everything flow so smoothly. Did you like my chili? I made it with goose. It just seemed like the right thing to do.
Blessings,
Goose

Murphy said...

Your chili was delicious! We liked the big chunks of meat - YUM!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Looks like a great event and a very worthy cause! I like your pretzel move!!

STELLA and RORY from Down Under said...

Howdy Murphy and Stanley, wowza you guys did a grreat job of helping. It sounds like a great cause and we're glad to many people supported it. Loved all the photos too. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory
P.S. We love your header photo but Stanley mate, if you're gonna drive don't forget to shut the door, hehehe.

Berts Blog said...

Way to spend Saturday you two. I just had to stay and work at the kennel. My Vickie didn't even tell me about the events of the day. I bet Michelle and Goose would have taken me.

Dang it all. Missed you on the walk too.

But I did get to see pictures of Posy. You guys are gonna love her. She is smaller than you. She is gonna live at Big Murphys house.

Well, gotta go feed our guests so hopefully we will see you soon.
Bert and My Vickie

Oskar said...

Wow what a cool event you helped with!

Nubbin wiggles,
Oskar

Murphy said...

Bert, didn't you see the notice in the newspaper? We thought EVERYBODY knew about the Fall Fest. Did you hear the 21 gun salute? We are excited to meet Posy, especially since she is a Doodle!

Millie and Walter said...

You two did a great job helping raise money for a worthy cause.

Cindy & Mollie

Bassetmomma said...

What a great job you guys did helping out with Fall Fest! I love your guys pretzel move! :)

Cotton said...

How adorable:) And I see you'll designed your bloggy I love it!!
Cotton

Unknown said...

What a great race! And Goose chili! We had a cloudy day here too.
kisses
nellie

A Day In The Life Of A Goose said...

What an awesome event and man-oh-man, you two must have been amazing helpers! Look at all those jobs you took over, phew! I love that there were so many pups, especially the ones decked out for Halloween!! ;-)

A Day In The Life Of A Goose said...

Eeeekkkk, Goose Chilli? Delicious!!!

Duncan said...

Nice job at the fall fest. Hope you raised lots of money!!

Unknown said...

Nice one guys. What a great event. We are glad you had such a good time. Have a super Sunday.
Best wishes Molly

Two French Bulldogs said...

what a fun event. That sky looks a bit dark in the background
Benny & Lily

NanaNor's said...

What a wonderful way to honor the veterans. All the pups looked so cute; you guys did a great job at the various places-pumpkins, registration, walk and also just greeting others. Goose chili, really? Wish I lived closer, I think we'd be hanging out a lot. I have been working on Hunter "leave it" with tissues and some of my undergarments....bol. He seems to like to drag my dirty clothes around, silly pup.
Have a great couple of days!
Wags, Noreen & Hunter

Meredith said...

So thoughtful of you guys to take over for one another! Autumn and Oliver like to do that, too. Especially when it comes to leaving overnight poop surprises in the house.

Shawn said...

What a fun event and great pictures. Mom said she wish we could have joined you, I must admit, I'm not a runner. Oh mom has given me every opportunity but I would much rather sniff and mark me territory! BTW, your mom is older than my mom???
Winston

Anonymous said...

What did Goose's chili taste like Murphy? Was it spicey? Mom's a big chili fan on cold days :) Luv your furiend Stich's sweater :) Good job guarding the pumpkins. Remind me not to play twister with yaz. That pretzel move would so totally win the game every time! :)

Waggin at ya,
Roo

Murphy said...

I just remember it had the biggest chunks of meat. It was very good. We could tell Goose really perfected it.

Murphy said...

Oh yeah, she'll about 150 years old!