Saturday, March 24, 2012

Singing The Prison Blues

Last night was our first night at home with Mom and Dad.  We were so excited to go to sleep in our own beds.  But then just before Mom turned out the lights, she put us in jail!  I did not like it one bit.


And neither did Stanley.



So we might have cried a little bit.  Well, maybe I cried a little bit and Stanley cried a lot. Sometimes I forgot which one of us was crying.  Mom said we had to have our jail cells in the kitchen until we stopped crying, then we could move them in the bedroom with her and dad.  Well . . . last night was not that night and mom thinks tonight probably won't be either.  She's probably right.

At 1:00 a.m., mom and dad came to our jail cells and got us out.  They were very surprised that neither of us went potty in our jail cells!  So they took us outside in the dark to go potty.  We've never seen the night before.  It was really pretty because we could see all the lights of the city.  So me and Stanley took care of business right away.  Then, when we thought we were finally free, they put us back in jail again!  So we might have cried some more.

At 4:00, they came back and did the same thing as before.  Again, they were very happy that we didn't go potty in our prisons.  Stanley and I talked about it and planned to cry some more when they put us back in our solitary confinement but to our surprise, they took us with them to lay down on the downstairs bed.  They sure looked tired. We didn't cry this time and we all slept until 6:00 a.m. because by this time Stanley and I thought it was time to play. So mom and dad took us out in the dark again and Stanley and I went potty and then wrestled for a bit.  We like to wrestle.

After that we all had breakfast.  Mom said she was still tired so she sat down in the recliner with me and we took a nap.



After our nap, we all went outside again and this time Stanley and I played really hard.  The sun was up and it was warm so we ran and chased, we wrestled, we chased a rubber ball, and we chased mom and dad as they ran around the yard.  It was so much fun!

Every now and again Stanley had to stop playing and chew on the dogwood tree for awhile.  Mom googled it and it didn't come up on the toxic plant list so she said it was okay.














Sometimes I had to stop and chew for a bit too.  We really like chewing on this dogwood and think that is why it was named dogwood.

Finally we had no more energy left and we crawled under the chair to take a nap.

Mom and Dad said it is a wonderful day.  Me and Stanley think they're right.



Murphy




For the record:  I have only gone potty outside.  Stanley is another story.

20 comments:

GOOSE said...

Well Murphy all in all a very good day for you and Stanley. I don't think I would like the jail either. I have never been in one but from the looks of it, I am sure I would not like it and even though I am a big dog I would have cried too.
Sounds like Stanley is getting ready to be a stick dog like me. I love me a STICK!!
Have a good night boys.
Blessings,
Goose

Scooter said...

BOL, you two keep that crying and looking sad look up and I betcha you will be saying Goodbye to the jail and Hello to the nice comfy bed!! If not, you will get used to the kennel. I sleep in mine every night and it is in mom and dads room. I like it that way!!

wags
Jazzi

klahanie said...

Ah Murphy and Stanley,
Yes, tis I, Penny the Jack Russell dog and modest internet star, once again, taking over my human's computer. Then again, I write better than he does :)
All in all, a very good day, then. You seem to be having loads of fun and exploring about is really neat. Hope Stanley soon figures to go potty outside :)
Pawsitive wishes and doggy kisses, Penny xx

Unknown said...

Hi Guys!
Nice to meets yous.
Even though me is a cat me has 2 hairy slobbery sisters. Bob is almost as old as me and she is a Sheltie/Aussie Shepard Cross and Cinnamon is just 9 months old and she is a Red Heeler. She is very uh, active...
Me also has a cat brother - Kozmo. It is nice to meets 2 new bloggers!
Me sends yous kitty kisses
Nellie (aka Penelope the Cat From Hell)

Berts Blog said...

Hey you guys, I am very impressed that all is going so well. and don't worry about the jail cell. It is actually a good thing in the long run.

You looke very comfortable in your moms lap as you slept. My Vickie says I used to do that, but I am too big now.

anyway, it is late and I am rambling. You are probably already in bed/jail.

Sleep tight my friends.

bert

Murphy said...

Oh yeah - we love some stick too!

Murphy said...

We put mom and dad through it again last night. First we acted like we weren't going to complain, then when they relaxed about it we hit 'em with stereo crying! Must have done something wrong though because this time we never made it to the big bed! Well . . . tonight is another night . . .

Murphy said...

Thanks Penny! Seems Stanley's little mishaps might have been a glitch because he's really changed his habits since!

Murphy said...

OK Penelope, are you really the cat from hell or is this a cover up? I never met a cat before so I don't know what to think. But I am glad you have a nice big family!

Murphy said...

Thanks for the words of wisdom Bert. I was thinking about them as we went into lockup last night. A good thing in the long run? Are you sure? We're just not feeling it yet . . .

Seville at Nerissa's Life said...

Don't know what I think 'bout this prison business..

NanaNor's said...

Hi pups, I am so happy that you are in your forever home. I'm sorry you were so upset last night with the sleeping arrangements-maybe you were upset because you are used to snuggling together? Once you are all adjusted, I'm sure your mom and dad will have you with them-just remember the quicker you stop whining, the sooner you get to be in their room.
Hugs, Noreen

Scooter said...

Wow, I think you guys are really in a good home! I know jail stinks, believe me I know...but I think once this potty thing is all worked out, you'll be free. Sounds like you're on your way. Love the nap pix and the yard action!
Grr and Woof,
Sarge, COP

Murphy said...

Me neither!

Murphy said...

Yes, the separation is definitely a factor! We will try not to cry so much so we can go into the bedroom.

Murphy said...

Thanks Sarge. Yes, lockup is the pits. Arf!

Bailey Be Good! said...

Awww, I didn't mind my cage when I was a puppy. It was a really safe place to be. Does your mommy leave the door open for you during the day if you're not in there? :)

Happy Sunday! :)

Woofs & hugs, <3

~Bailey (Yep, I'm a girl!)

Murphy said...

During the day I don't go in my cage because my brother and I cuddle up in an area of the mudroom that mom sectioned off with baby gates. I really like it in there because I have a good view of the kitchen and living room. We also get to go outside and wrestle during the daytime because mom and dad are home with us. So the cage is only an issue at night.

Bassetmomma said...

Learning to sleep in your crate isn't much fun is it? It gets better with time though! You guys sound like your doing well in your new home. :)

Berts Blog said...

Allred is the Cat From Hell in this neck of the woods, so you could come over and meet him one day, but I truly wouldn't recommend it. Not if you want to keep your handsome little faces scar free.

Love
Bert