Sunday, July 15, 2012

Back From Camp!

Camping was so much fun!  We hiked, played in the water, met new friends, got dirty, ate cow poop, ate horse poop, and picked up a part of something mom called "road kill".  I saw 173 chipmunks and squirrels and a whole bunch of birds too! It was the best!
When we were in the trailer I kept up a watch for birds and chipmunks.

This is my friend Stitch.  He is one cool dude!

I was coaching the ball game from the sidelines.  I was hoping they would ask me to help chase the ball but they didn't.

Me and Stanley played in Chalk Creek.

We did a lot of exploring.

Dad and Stanley lost us and had to sniff us out.  Luckily Stan has a big nose and found us.

That is our trailer.

The camera didn't catch it but Stanley's face was really dirty.  It was great!

It was nice to relax in the trailer.

Stanley helped me yell at those dang chipmunks.

There were 2 people baptized in the creek.  I used the photo where their face didn't show for their privacy.

Stitch

Boy George, he was nice too.

Sometimes I had to rest on the couch in the trailer.

Me, Stan and Dad

See, I told you Stitch was cool!  He's smart too.

The scenery was great.

It's hard to see but there is a cross on the top of this ridge.  We hiked to it.

Lots of peeps and dogs went on the hike.

The camp seen from our trailer.

Boy George and his sister.  There is another foster brother called Stan Lee and another one whose name I do not remember.


This is my friend "M".  She was so nice to me and petted me all the time!

Me investigating . . . 

Our hike to the cross.

View from cross.

Taking a break.

We made it!

Camping was just as much fun as I hoped. We got so dirty that we smelled really bad! Mom said all that poop we were eating probably contributed to our stink. She didn't want us to eat poop, we just did it. The bad part was that when we got home we had to take a bath so we could go to church in the evening. We heard Goose's mom preach about Seeing Beautiful. I See Beautiful all the time and keep pointing it out to mom because she keeps missing it. I hope everybody Sees Beautiful today!



Murphy

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, what a beautiful place,I love the last pictures of yours with the cross, God is really Great. :D


Dog Shock Collar | Puppy Bond

GOOSE said...

I am so jealous you got to go to Camp Pinecliff. I have been there a few times. But this time MOM had stuff to do to get ready for a BIG wedding this weekend. I am so proud of both of you for hiking all the way to the cross. That is a great hike. Oh and son't get me started on the chipmonks and especially the squirrels. The are EVERYWHERE up there. Next year I am so joining you at Family Camp. And keep up on making sure your peeps See Beautiful.
Blessings,
Goose

Millie and Walter said...

Looks like you all had a great time!

Cindy

Sankissjuice said...

Wow you boys sure had lots of FUN....smelling bad after camping is solid proof. I like to see Stanley's dirty face and your sleepy face. Makes me smile.

I love the colour of your coat, Murphy. Wish I could pet you. Kisses!

I'll be back,
Sankissjuice

Charlene and Storm said...

hi guys glad you had fun at camp, your little house on wheels looks cool i would love to have one of those one day xxx good job on making sure your peeps see beautiful every day, my stormy helps me see it every day too xxx

Unknown said...

We arr glad you had so much fun and got to get down and get dirty. I would have loved to chase chipmunks. Have a great Monday.
Best wishes Molly

Anonymous said...

What an adventure you two went on! And you got to taste test all kinds of poop! Cool! Which kind did you like best? :) Beautiful retreat and such a spiffy home on wheels! :)

Waggin at ya,
Roo

haopee said...

Hey guys, you seem to have enjoyed that adventure... horse poop and cow poop? Wow, your mom must have been pretty upset with that.

By the way, I gave you an award in our bloggy. You can check out the details here: http://www.mydogslove.me/2012/07/mischief-monday-procrastinating-with.html

Huggies and Cheese,

Haopee

Frankie Furter and Ernie said...

You boys had me with the HORSE POOP COW POOP and ROAD KILL.

WOW!!

Finn said...

A beautiful trip!!! I love your hiking adventures!

Bassetmomma said...

Boy, it sounds like your first camping trip was a success! Great pictures!